The Dayton Audio SA1000 is a freestanding, high-power subwoofer amplifier designed for the DIYer, installer, and systems integrator. This unique monaural subwoofer amplifier delivers the raw power of a pro-sound amp, but with the features and flexibility of a dedicated subwoofer amplifier. It can be configured for stacking with other audio components, and includes removable ears for mounting in standard audio racks (2RU). The patented tracking, down-converting power supply ensures headroom for instantaneous power needs and operates cool due to its high-efficiency design. A class AB output stage provides a clean and controlled output signal. From a performance standpoint, a low frequency parametric EQ allows you to boost or cut to custom-tailor the sound to suite the environment of the room. Sophisticated soft clip circuitry provides cleaner transient peaks while protecting your driver from over-excursion. Switchable subsonic filter removes the subsonic information from the signal to tighten the low end response of some subwoofer systems. Bass boost filters add to the low end response without using the built-in parametric EQ. This leaves the parametric EQ function to address room modes to cut out an excessively loud room resonance. The high-pass outputs provides the user the option to feed the signal back into their sound system or distributed audio system.
- Patented tracking down-converter power supply for high efficiency
- Class AB output stage for clean, controlled output
- Low frequency parametric EQ allows you to boost or cut to custom-tailor the sound
- Sophisticated soft clip circuitry improves headroom and protects woofers
- Manual, auto, or triggered on/off for integration into any automated system
- Switchable subsonic and bass boost filters
- High pass output for looping signal back into distributed audio systems
- Can be easily converted between rack-mount and tabletop configurations
- Heavy-duty steel chassis with brushed aluminum faceplate
- Adjustable phase, gain, crossover, and parametric EQ
- Pop-out adjustment knobs keep settings from being easily disturbed
- Switchable 110/220V input voltage
- One-year manufacturer's warranty
Manual, automatic on/off or triggered 12V input allows easy integration into automated systems. The stealthy pop-out knobs on the front panel make adjustments easy, while minimizing the risk of accidental disturbance. The subdued brushed black aluminum faceplate allows this amp to cosmetically blend with any type of audio gear. Accepts RCA line-level inputs, includes insulated binding posts for the speaker outputs, and accepts a 12V trigger via a 3.5 mm mini-jack.
Specifications: • Rated Power Output (0.92% THD): 497 watts into 8 ohms, 950 watts into 4 ohms • Signal to Noise Ratio: 98 dB A-weighted • Efficiency: 86% • Input Impedance: 12K ohms • Subsonic Filter: -3 dB @ 18 Hz, Q=0.8 • Bass Boost: +3 dB @ 25 Hz, Q=1.4 • High Pass Output: -3 dB @ 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave • Low Pass Adjustment: 30-200 Hz • Phase Adjustment: 0°–180° • Parametric EQ Frequency: 18–80 Hz • Bandwidth: 0.1–1.0 Q • Level: -14.5 dB to +6 dB • Dimensions: 17-1/2" W x 4" H x 13" D (tabletop configuration) • Power Requirements: 120/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz • Stand-by Power Rating: 120V 24W; 230V 18.4W • Weight: 20 lbs. *Based on one-third power duty cycl.